Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Beginnings

::WELCOME TO MOSS HILL ACADEMY::



I contemplated whether or not to start a whole new blog for our adventures in homeschooling, and although I really do not need one more thing to add to my mental to-do list, well, here we are! Why not, right!? I really hope it will help me keep things organized and give me a place to put the pictures, ideas & activities as we go along. Even though homeschooling is really so much a part of our lives, I am going to keep our other blog The Finer Neiners geared toward family happenings and Moss Hill toward school. As far as picking the name, I wanted something *untraditional,* so that nixed "Neiner Christian Homeschool."---not that there's anything wrong with that! I just really wanted it to creativity reflect our family's personality. I was so very close to naming our school Partridge ---something--- because we live on partridge road, and I do love a good bird motif. However, I couldn't get "The Partridge Family" out of my head. So, one day, John and I were hashing through ideas, and out popped Moss Hill. I loved it! Especially because throughout the summer the boys would collect little pieces of moss from our back woods, their grandparents house, or around town and bring it to our backyard and replant it in this little designated section. There became this lump of various types of moss, each one differing from the other in texture and color. And it just seemed to fit at once as I see daily that each child learns so differently and has his own wonderful unique gifts and personality, and how each day can look quite differently, but over time, it all weaves and fits together. So, welcome to our little place to keep the happenings in our little corner in one spot, to record my experiences as a teacher/mother at the same time, and all the fun ways we explore the world around us as we increase in wisdom, knowledge, creativity and expression.













:: erin ::

7 comments:

  1. Three cheers for Moss Hill!

    M, L, and I can't figure out where you took the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is fabulous! I think having a second blog is a great ideal.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Richele, you'll laugh! All of them, except for Jack running, is at Mt. Greylock!!!! The pic of Jack was a trip up to VT at the monument in Bennington! Maybe that one was throwing you off? :)

    Andrea: the family pic was about the 6th try! The first 5 attempts of mine were completely off! Then I gave it to John....with nice long arms...and first time he got it perfect! (except for Drew's smile!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name and you are so thoughtful and creative in your ideas. I would suggest changing the black font on the gray background it is pretty hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. new favorite spot to visit! can't wait to walk this road with you- hundreds of miles away. love the name and the picture and how you expressed that it works for your family. excited for your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone for the sweet comments!!! This was something I wanted to start before school started....but you know how it goes. Well, last night I could.not.sleep. so it emerged as an opportunity I knew I had better jump on!

    p.s. Carrie...thanks for the heads up! I will tweak it.

    ReplyDelete